Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's Not You, It's Me

Dear Snow,

There is no easy way to say this. I don't want to see you anymore. I am very sorry. We had some very good times together and I will cherish them forever. I remember when I was a child how I used to hope and pray that you would be there when I woke up in the morning. Whether it was for an entire day or just a two-hour delay, I always enjoyed my time with you. I won't forget staring at the scrolling update at the bottom of the television, waiting for KGW to tell me you had arrived. We would all refer to you by those little pet names "Artic Blast," "Winter Chill," and "The Big Freeze." I won't forget the good times. It's not you, it's me. The truth is, I'm older now. I have things to do and places to go. I can't waste my time with you anymore. I need a more responsible weather system, one that doesn't just come and go on a whim. And you deserve to be in place where you are appreciated. I'm sure you'll find a nice place where everyone has 4-wheel drive and coats with hoods. Where their winter gear isn't left over from a ski trip in 1989. Portland just isn't that place. I am not that girl.

You can still visit every few years if you'd like to. We'd love to have you for Christmas. I just don't think we should see each other as much as we have been lately. It is time for you to move on. I wish you the best, snow, I really do. Thanks for the good times.

Sincerely,

Kimberly

No comments: